St. Joseph's Hospital
Lawson Health Research Institute at St.Joseph's Hospital
Siemens 3T MR (MRI/MRS) whole body imager with removable PET ring (2011)
- Hybrid MR/PET programs in mental health, breast cancer and heart disease (canine models)
- MRI/MRS programs in autism, schizophrenia, muscle metabolism, neonatology, and cardiology (canine models)
Siemens Espree 1.5T MRI - Breast and musculoskeletal imaging research
Siemens Avanto 1.5T MRI
Field Cycled MR/PET
- Siemens Inveon small animal PET system is being integrated with a 31 cm bore superconducting 2T MR (Fall 2010)
- 0.5T field-cycled MRI system for integration with PET
GE 64-slice PET/volume CT whole body scanner
- Metabolism and functional CT studies in cardiology, oncology and neurodegenerative diseases
Siemens 6-slice SPECT/CT
- Cardiac imaging and tracking of transplanted stem cells
Cyclotron and GMP-compliant PET Radiochemistry Facility
- GE PETtrace 8 Cyclotron
- GE FASTLAB, TracerLab FX-FN, FX-FE, FX-F DOPA and FX-C Synthesizers and Comecer Hot Cells for the production of PET radiopharmaceuticals for clinical and animal research.
- GMP radiopharmaceutical manufacturing facility for the synthesis, quality control and dispensing of radiopharmaceuticals for clinical human use.
- 128 channel EEG and Neurostimulatory analyzer integrated with the 3T MR/PET for studies of brain activity in response to neuromodulation (through the external application of a pulsed magnetic field) for the treatment of chronic pain, anxiety, depression and eating disorders.
- Human magnetic field exposure system to investigate the effects on humans of exposure to magnetic fields such as power line frequency magnetic fields or those from MRI.
- Magnetically shielded and sham shielded enclosures (magnetoencephalography quality, human sized) with 64 channel EEG systems.
Portable Multi-channel Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) Systems
- Multi-channel continuous-wave NIRS system for assessing brain injury in neonatal patients by measuring brain blood flow and oxygen consumption.
- Time-domain system for improved depth sensitivity. Used to assess brain function and injury in adult patients during high-risk surgery and in intensive care.
- Evaluating potential synergy of triple hybrid imaging platforms by combining NIRS with PET/vCT or MR/PET
Hybrid Photo-Acoustic Imaging System
- System with near-infrared tunable laser, high speed data acquisition system and ultrasonic array transducer. Compatible detection components will allow simultaneous photo-acoustic image acquisition during MRI, CT or PET imaging
- Neurocognitive, neurophysiologic and electrophysiologic measurements capabilities
- Normobaric simulated altitude (to 4500 m) capabilities for hypoxic stressing
- Audiovisual capabilities for sensory stressing
- Time-domain optical imager
- Services and resources for the design and fabrication of components and unique imaging instruments
Small Animal Imaging Lab
- GE Xplore Optix optical imager
- GE eXplore Vista small animal PET system